QuickBooks Online Interface - Simplified Guide
Many of our clients rely on QuickBooks Online to manage their organization's finances. To streamline your workload, we offer an interface that allows you to export transactions from Member Billing, Event Registration, and the Online Store directly to your QuickBooks Online Company file.
Here's a brief overview of what can be exported to QuickBooks:
- Members appear as Customers in QuickBooks.
- Member dues are categorized as Products/Services.
- You can create separate Products/Services for each Member Plan.
- Classes can be assigned to each Member Plan.
- Member dues transactions can be exported as Invoices/Payments or Sales Receipts.
- Event Contacts (primary registrants) are listed as Customers in QuickBooks.
- Event Contacts are separate from members and distinguished by an '(EV)' at the end of their name. For example, "John Smith" becomes "John Smith (EV)" for event registration.
- You can create a distinct Product/Service for each event.
- Event registration transactions can be exported as Invoices/Payments or Sales Receipts.
- Store Customers are recorded as Customers in QuickBooks.
- You can create separate Products/Services for each product in the store.
- Classes can be assigned to each product in the store.
- Currently, online store transactions can only be exported as Invoices/Payments.
Setting up the Interface:
Our knowledgeable staff will guide you through the setup process, which typically takes 4-6 hours spread across 1-2 screenshare sessions, depending on your data complexity.
During the initial setup:
- We'll establish a connection between the MMS and QuickBooks.
- We'll explain how to map Products/Services in QuickBooks to G/L Accounts in the MMS.
- We'll demonstrate how to assign G/L Accounts to different transactions.
- If you use Classes in QuickBooks, we'll assist you in mapping them to corresponding Classes in the MMS.
- We'll show you how to map Member records in the MMS to existing Customer records in QuickBooks.
- We'll determine which transactions, if any, should not be exported to avoid duplicating records.
- At the end of the screenshare, you'll finalize the mappings in items 1-3, while our staff marks identified transactions not to be exported.
Once the mappings are completed, we'll schedule another screenshare to demonstrate how to manage exported transactions and perform the initial export. Afterward, you'll have the flexibility to export transactions as frequently as needed.
If you currently use QuickBooks Online and wish to integrate it with the MMS, please reach out to our Tech Support to learn about the setup process and monthly fees.
If you're new to QuickBooks and considering its adoption, we recommend consulting with your accountant or Intuit to determine the best version for your needs. Currently, we support QuickBooks Desktop for PC (2015 and later) and QuickBooks Online.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article