Promotions Manager - Help Guide
The Promotions Manager allows you to set up various discounts and promotions in your online store. To start adding promotions, go to your main store admin page and click on the "Manage Promotions" link.
On the main page, you will see a list of all your active promotions. You can also view inactive/expired promotions or see a combined view of all promos. When setting up a promotion, you have several options:
1. Promo Name: The name of the promotion displayed to users on their summary pages and invoices.
2. Description: A description of the promotion that users can view for more information.
3. Start/End Date: The start and end dates specify the active period of the promo. The start date is required, but the end date is optional.
4. Promo Code: If entered, users will need to provide the promo code to activate the promo. Leaving it empty will automatically activate the promo if the user qualifies.
5. Members Only: If checked, the promo will be available only to members.
Promo Type: You have three options:
- Flat Discount: This gives users a flat amount off their cart total. You can choose to apply the discount to the total invoice or each item individually. You can also specify if the discount applies to all items or only specific ones.
- Percentage Discount: This gives users a percentage off their cart total. You can choose if the discount applies to all items or only specific ones.
- BOGO Promotion: This sets up a "buy x get y" promotion where users receive free items as they add qualifying items to their cart. You can specify the quantity to be bought and the number of free items. You can also select the applicable items.
If you choose specific items or the BOGO promotion option, you will proceed to a page to add the relevant items. Simply click the "Add Item" button, select the item from the dropdown list, and save it.
- Active promotions without promo codes will be displayed at the top of the store screen, providing information to users.
- Items eligible for active promotions will be marked accordingly in their product listings and individual item pages.
- Users can enter and use multiple promotions simultaneously, but only one promotion can be applied to each item. Discounts cannot be combined on the same item.
- Conflicting promotions will be evaluated by the system, and the better discount will be automatically applied to the user.
- In BOGO deals, the discount will be applied to the cheapest item(s).
- When promotions are active, quantity options in the store are locked to '1' per item to ensure proper discount application.
- Users will be notified about any promotions or discounts used on their cart page, summary page, confirmation email, and confirmation screen.
- Admins can view this information using the normal transactions report and related exports.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article